Google announced that it’s revamping the Gmail User Interface and bringing a ton of new features, I was excited during that time. I was very excited for the new native off-line mode in Gmail, which is now finally here. The Gmail’s new Offline Mode can be used to allows users to use Gmail without having any Internet connection. When you enable the Offline Mode, you can open the Chrome browser and check and read your emails and messages without any Internet connection. In addition, you can also reply to emails which will be stored in the Gmail’s Out-box folder and sent as soon as you connect your device to the Internet. Now, we are going to see how to enable the new Offline Mode in Gmail to enjoy all these features:
Enable New Offline Mode in Gmail
This feature has been working very well for both the GSuite and Gmail.com accounts when you are using the Google Chrome browser.
Enabling the new Offline Mode in Gmail is pretty easy. Just follow the steps and you will be done in minutes:
- First of all, make sure that you are using the new version of Gmail. If you are not, here is how you can switch to the new Gmail.
- Once you have done that,first click on the settings cog icon and then click on “Settings”.
- Here, you will find a new Off-line section. Click on it.
- Now, you have to enable the Off-line mode by clicking on the check box.
- As soon as you click on the check box you will be presented with a few options. First thing is the “Sync settings” where you can select the number of days for which you want to save your emails off-line. You get three options, which are 7,30, and 90 days. There’s also an option to save attachments which is turned on by default. If you have an high storage capacity on your laptop, I suggest that you keep the duration to past 90 days and keep the “Download attachment” settings turned on.
- Then you have to choose whether you want to keep your data off-line when you log out of your Google account or not. If you select the second option, Google will have to re-sync all your emails every time you log in. If you have a personal laptop which no one else has access to, I would suggest that you choose the first option as it will save both data and time.
- Finally, once you have set your preferences, just click on the “Save Changes” button to enable the Offline Mode for your Gmail.
- Once done, all of your emails and attachments will be downloaded and you will be able to access them offline.
Use Gmail’s New Offline Mode
The new Offline Mode available on Gmail is very great for anyone those who has to deal with a ton of emails on a daily basis and needs the ability to deal with them whenever and where ever he/she chooses to do so. Everyone surely love this new feature as it allows you to deal with your emails while you are commuting.