Adding a Proxy server on PlayStation is difficult if the user doesn’t have an idea about it. Here we have provided you a complete guide on how to set up and configure Proxy on Play Station. But, before we begin with the configuring process, let’s have a brief note on its basic concepts.
Proxy Server is similar to a VPN, but it won’t encrypt your internet connection. Proxy Server only hides your IP with anther IP to bypass your geo-locations.
Reasons to configure the Proxy server on PlayStation
- It intercepts the Internet connection between the router and PlayStation.
- To make a smooth and stable Internet connection.
- Proxy helps to unblock the blocked websites and applications.
- It also helps to compute anonymously by masking the IP over another IP.
How to setup and configure Proxy Server on PlayStation4
Due to the volatility, proxy servers can be changed frequently; hence you need to configure a new server on your gaming console. To set up and configure Proxy Server on your PlayStation, follow the steps given below.
- Navigate to the Settings > Network > Set up Internet connections.
- Select the Custom > wifi or LAN.
- Now choose the Automatic IP address.
- On the following screen, select “don’t specify for DHCP hostname.”
- As we are setting up a proxy server, choose the “manual for DNS settings.”
- Now make use of “Custom DNS” or use the default DNS provided by Google.
- Enter your Proxy Server IP address.
- Press Next to test the modified settings.
- Now, restart your Playstation console.
How do I find the IP address?
Some of the users may use their Internet connection on PC, Mobile, or on Mac devices. So, if you are not sure to find your IP address, no need to think of it anymore, follow our steps to find the IP address based on your device.
How to find the IP address on PC
- On your PC, Open the “Run.”
- Type in “cmd” and click “OK.”
- Command prompt screen will open.
- On the command prompt, type in “ipconfig/all.”
- Now, you’ve found your IP address.
How to find IP address on Mobile
- Navigate to your mobile settings.
- Select “About Phone.”
- Choose the option Status and click on it.
- Scroll your screen, and you’ll be provided with the IP address of your mobile device.
How to find IP address on Mac
- Navigate to the “System Preferences” on the Apple Menu.
- Choose the option “Network.”
- Now, you’ll find the IP address of your device.
Well, those mentioned above are the steps to set up a proxy server on your PlayStation4. We guess you have successfully added the Proxy Server on your gaming console with our tutorial’s help. Mind you; we can’t use the same server for a long time. Hence make sure to upgrade the proxy list. Good luck.