In the past years, Apple has announced some amazing new features for its software platforms at the WWDC 2018 keynote. There are so many new changes have been made on iOS 12 update that includes ARKit 2, which is the tool to promote digital wellness, more Animoji and Memoji, Siri Shortcuts, Group Face Time and much more.
The iOS 12 beta version has been dropped for Apple developers and also for those who live on the bleeding edge in terms of software. If the beta OS does not scare you, here are the steps that you need to follow to get iOS 12 up and running on your iPhone or iPad.
Method 1: Install iOS 12 Developer Beta on iOS Device via Configuration File
I assume that you have already signed for an Apple Developer account, so the first thing that you now need to do is register your device(s) for the latest iOS 12 beta. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Register iOS Device For Beta
1. First, you need the UDID (Unique Device Identifier) of your iPhone/ iPad to register your device. You can get it by connecting your iOS device to your PC or Mac via iTunes. In the iTunes, you have to click on your iOS device’s serial number and you should see the UDID of your device. Now, you can copy it or jot it down somewhere.
2. Now, you have to navigate to the Apple’s Developers website and login with your Apple ID (Developer Account). When you logged in, go to “Certificates, IDs, and Profiles” and then, go to the “Devices” section. Now, you need to select the iOS device you want to install the iOS 12 beta on.
3. After you’ve selected your device, you need to click on the “plus icon” and enter the details of your iOS device: the name of your device and the UDID you’d copied. Now, you have to click on the “Continue” button when you’re done and voila, you’re registered to download the iOS 12 beta on your device.
Download And Install iOS 12 Developer Beta
1. Now, you have to navigate to the download page on Apple’s Developer website and scroll down to find the iOS 12 beta section. Then, tap the ios developer beta download.
2. Once it is downloaded, open it on your iOS device and install the beta software. Now, you need to restart the device to install the update and get it up and running.
Method 2: Install iOS 12 Beta Through IPSW File
If you don’t get the OTA/config download to work for you, you can manually flash the iOS 12 beta on your iPhone or iPad. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. You’ll again need to navigate to the Download page on the Apple Developer website to get the iOS 12 restore images. Make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Now, you need to install the iOS 12 IPSW file, you need iTunes. Now, you have to connect your iPhone/ iPad to your PC or Mac and hold Option on a Mac and Shift on the Windows PC, followed by a click on “Check for Update” option in iTunes.
3. Now, you can see a dialog box, where you can select the downloaded iOS 12 beta IPSW file and it will be flashed on your iOS device.