DigitalOcean is a cloud hosting provider that offers virtual Linux servers called “droplets” with the SSH access and solid-state drives. They have data centers around the world and their web hosting plans for developers.
Digital Ocean offers mind-blowing $100 free credit while spending $25, and it is a good bargain isn’t it? Grab this deal now from the website given below.
Digital Ocean Special Offer => https://dmblackfriday.com/digital-ocean-black-friday/
Steps to setup a VPS on Digital Ocean:
- Head to the digital ocean website and create a new digital ocean account.
- You have to verify your account using your email address before you can create a droplet. Once you have verified your email address, you will now need to fund it to pay for a droplet.
- Choose a funding source from the options as given below.
- You will now have the option of creating a new droplet. You can also enable the two-factor authentication on your account at this stage. *This is recommended.
- Choose a server type.
- Choose a server size. $5 per month sever will be a sufficient option for most cases. You can also upgrade this at a later date.
- Select a server location, closest to you is the best option.
- If you would like to login to your server using SSH keys, you can add your keys here.
- Give your server a Hostname and click on Create. This will begin the setup process for your server. It takes you nearly 5-10 mins.
- Once your server has been provisioned, you will receive an email notification from the Digital Ocean. It contains the login details for the server.
- Connect to the droplet, you will require a program called PuTTY and download PuTTY here.
- Open the PuTTY configuration and enter the server IP address and click on the open. Click on Yes to the security alert pop up.
- Enter the Root as the username and the preset password emailed to you from Digital Ocean.
- You should now be connected to your Digital Ocean droplet if you have entered in everything correctly.
Digital Ocean is one of the finest examples for developer-friendly cloud hosting providers out there. If you have any doubts or queries, on setup a VPS on Digital Ocean, feel free to let us know in the comment section.